Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Moment of reflection...

Today I thought a lot of my youth. I had a friend from high school text me a picture of myself from my junior high year book. What was the picture for you ask? It was in there because I was the President of the National Honor Society. Nerd-alert. Man oh man. I think I was put into that cause I had decent grades my 9th grade year and I was "in" with the teachers being that my dad was a teacher there. I know it's not always cool to be "in" with the teachers, but it totally paid off. Me and my friends were able to get away with EVERYTHING. One of my favorite memories is of me getting an excuse note from my dad and my best friend getting an excuse note from her mom (who also worked there) and her taking us to breakfast at Dee's. Nothin' like ditching school in junior high. Even tho I know some people who did it in elementary school...you know who you are.
I helped Brandt with cabinets in the garage today. I was watching him move some sheets and sort of chuckled to myself that here I am knowing exactly how to build cabinets from start to finish. Wierd. I never in a million years would have thought this is where I would be at at this stage of my life. There are a few things I would maybe alter about my life, but only if certain things would still come my way. I know that one event leads to another and so on so technically I couldn't change too much. It's funny how things work out. I like my little bubble I live in. I have much to be grateful for. I found this picture today. It is surreal to me that I have twin boys. They are fantastic. I love them so much. Oliver is so great, too. How lucky I am that I was sent such wonderful little boys...and one big boy, too. What a lucky gal I am.

No comments: