Saturday, December 4, 2010

I give up

I know I said I was giving it 5 days but I'm done. I think potty training is on hold for a few more weeks and I'll try it again. The boys are treating it like a game. They say "poo-poo" all the time and we go and sit on the potty, and nothing. Then they go in their underwear. A few things I have learned during this are:
  1. I need to work on my patience.
  2. I have the best husband in the world to support anything I choose to do.
  3. I have the best baby that is so patient to let me deal with the twins before I get to him.
  4. Little boys in under-roos is adorable (creepy, I know, but my boys look so big in them).
  5. My shower curtain upstairs needs to be washed.
Maybe I've given the boys a taste of going potty so the next time I have built up my patience and determination they will jump on board with going "poo-poo" a little quicker and easier. I've dreaded this, no wonder I've failed, but we will get there eventually.

Cute Oliver tonight...I want to eat him up.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Here is my advice- Don't push it. Give it another try in a couple of MONTHS. Unless they are truly wanting to potty train, I wouldn't even get serious until they are AT LEAST 3 years old. Anyone who tells you that they MUST be potty trained before 3 or 3.5 is crazy. Relax. It'll happen.