Friday, February 18, 2011

Yesterday was a day...

Yesterday we started the day off with puke. Brandt got up for work, got O out of his room and brought him into me. I fed him in bed and then we got up to go get our brothers upstairs. I opened their bedroom door and C came out and said "puke". Uh-oh. I turned in the light to find puke in his bed, on his shirt, in his hair. We had strawberries with our dinner the night before so everything was pink. Ok, lets gear up for this. I put O down in the living room, took Charlie's shirt off, and grabbed the garbage out of the bathroom. I stripped the beds and ran them downstairs to throw in the wash (in HOT water). I came back up and finished getting up all the puke and then vacuumed everywhere. By this time C is shivering so I changed his clothes and put him in some warm sweats and let him eat a yogurt. While the boys were eating I filled up the dishwasher and started it. I didn't think ahead with the fact that I needed to put the little guys in the tub so I figured I'd wait an hour and then have them take their tubby. A little time went by and there still was no hot water. Wierd. I waited until it was almost nap time and there was still no water. I called Brandt and he said that maybe the pilot light went out. That made sense cause we had those crazy winds the night before. I can't access the water heater unless we move my dresser (that has a tv sitting on it) so Brandt said he'd come home for lunch. I boiled some water and put it in the tub, then let the tap water mellow it down, and ended up with about 1-1/2 inches of water in the tub. While doing all this little C layed down on the floor with his string cheese in his hand and fell asleep. You have to understand that my boys DO NOT do this. They do not just stop somewhere and fall asleep. I knew he didn't feel well. I had to wash his hair before I put him back in bed so I had to wake him up. He cried and cried because he had a fever, was in a cool bath, and was tired. I felt so bad. I got him all snuggly again and put them all down for naps. When Brandt came home we tried to light the water heater and were getting nothing. No spark or anything. He eventually had to go back to work so I was stuck with still no hot water. I checked our furnace and it's light was out, too, so I re-did that one and read up on the water heater. When Brandt came home from work, we tried it again, and I told him he had to call our neighbor (who is a plumber) to see if he could help. Thankfully, he came over after he had his dinner and between Brandt and him they finally got it to light. Oliver needed a bath before bed so I was able to steal just a little bit of lukewarm water to give him a quick bath in the sink. Brandt and I finally took our showers about 9pm and it was nice and toasty. So, sick kids and no hot water makes for a long and not fun day. We're still not 100% today but we're on the mend. Everyone is sleeping and I think I'm going to attempt a little bit of a clean up while it's quiet. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll have a little bit of "me" time, too. I have a few cheesy movies DVR'd that I'd like to watch.

No comments: