Friday, February 4, 2011

{thirty}

What a big number. Yes, it is true. I'm struggling to remember things. My body is falling apart. I'm losing my hearing. I hobble when I walk. I am getting up there. I have sailed out of my 20's and into my 30's. Ugh. I'm not supposed to be thirty. I don't think I ever really understood that one day I would have my 30th birthday. People that are 30 are old. I am not old. I refuse to be old. I guess it is all a mindset anyway on how you feel about this whole birthday thing. It didn't bother me until about 2 days ago and then it got real that I was in fact having a birthday. Crazy wierd. My life has quickly passed me by. I do not know how I got here. Granted, I have many beautiful things in my life because of where my life has wandered. I'm happy. I'm grateful. I'm blessed. I'm so very lucky. Since I don't have control over that looming number I suppose we'll have to just celebrate it. Happy Birthday to me.

3 comments:

katieb said...

Happy Birthday Andrea! ...And 30 is not old! Now, 40.... that's another story!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Andrea!

allison said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great day. I know 30 is rough but now I wish I was only 30. :)