Monday, February 14, 2011

A Valentine's Day

I've never been one to celebrate Valentine's day. I'm one of those girls that don't freak out if they don't get flowers or jewelry or a heart-wrenching card. I have my man and he does a good job of making me feel special every day. Now that I have kids I feel like I need to start getting into the spirit of holidays. I think I'll baby-step into the random holiday celebrating, starting with the dear St. Valentine's Day.

Today we had yogurt for breakfast. Dylan wanted to eat his yogurt in the "baby" chair so I let him and figured he was trapped in the chair and couldn't get into too much trouble so I was playing with the other two boys in the living room. Dylan came to find me and he looked like this:
I bathe my boys every other day and today was NOT a bath day. Change of plans. It was now a bath day.
Yesterday was Sunday and since we have late church it cuts into nap time so we don't get a nap on Sundays. The boys were quite whiney this morning and I looked forward to their naps. I put them down, fed & played with Oliver, put him down, and made heart sugar cookies to celebrate. I've never made sugar cookies. It took me awhile to get the hang of it but I think the next time I give it a shot they'll be perfect. I packaged them all up so Brandt can run them to his home-teaching families so we don't have to eat 100 cookies.
The boys got up and it was evident we had a good nap. I judge their naps off of their wake-up hair. D was lookin' good today:
And just so the other boys don't feel bad, here's a couple shots from yesterday. What a handsome little guy: And Charlie didn't have a nap so he was being a butt:

Now I just need to figure out what's for dinner.

No comments: