Friday, August 26, 2011

**THREE**

My dearest Dylan & Charlie,
You are 3 today. 3 years old is so grown up! I have been reminiscing quite a bit lately about you two. I've been thinking back to the years before you came to join our family, the adventures as we prepared to welcome you into our family, and the utter joy and excitement and craziness that has ensued after your arrival to this earth. I am so humbled and honored to be your mommy. There are many times that I feel inept and overwhelmed but you still seem to love me througout all the mistakes I make raising you.

There were many years that your daddy and I prayed for you. There were many years that I didn't think I'd be able to have a baby. There were many years that I lived in a bit of anger and resentment that things were not on "my timeframe" and with so many unanswered questions. We had to be patient for you and because of it, we learned so much. Not only were we blessed to have both my guys join our family at once but your daddy and I experienced some of the most spiritual moments in our lives. It's funny how after time has passed you are able to reflect back and see how things happen for a reason, how things fall into place just like they're supposed to. From daddy getting a new job, to a new calling in church, to a mission call, to a crazy work schedule coupled with the faith and prayers and fasts from so many that love you oh so much, it was finally time for you to come into our lives.

You both are so good. Right from the beginning people have commented about your kind, warm eyes. We joked when you were little as you'd stare at a stranger that you'd have to "read their soul" before you'd warm up to them. You both did this. So deep. So caring. So fresh from your Father in Heaven. You both took a little while to start talking (who would have thought that now!) and for so long you both would just observe the world around you. You play so well together and I know that I took it for granted that you always just had a playmate. I've never known anything different so I didn't realize what a blessing this is. You have always shared so well. You have always been quick to apologize if you hurt another. You (almost) always are quick to obey.

As good as you both are we've had some crazy fun, too. With the two of you bringing your best plans together we've had some good stories. I can only imagine the genius ideas that are going to come to form throughout the years. From 5 gallons of oil on our carpet to torn up beds/bedrooms during naptimes we've had some good laughs (after the fact). So creative you are. You are quite brilliant and I love how you both think. I love your innocence and your thirst for knowledge. I love that you strive to do good. I love your willingness to love, especially your little brother. I'm so lucky that you have been amazing to the little man that suddenly disrupted your lives. You all will be the best of friends through the years and be each other's watch-keeper. I just know it. It is instilled in you. You are the best of the best. I am so lucky to have you and spend each day with you. I am so excited for the future and all it holds. I wish you the best 3rd year. Thank you for letting me be your mommy. I love you with every ounce of my being.
Happy Birthday little buddies!!! xoxoxo

No comments: