Friday, January 2, 2015

Out with the old, and bring in NOTHING new

I am trying to purge around these parts.  I saw a great quote tonight that I thought was perfect.  It says:
Clean out your closets.
Clean out your mind.
Clean out your life.
You don't have to take it all with you in 2015.
If it doesn't serve you, let it go.

I have a room in my house, affectionately called my "crap room."  It houses my sewing machine, my fabric, books, ironing board, filing cabinets, yarn, printer and cartridges, and anything else that doesn't have a place anywhere else in my home.  It technically should be my "craft room," but it has morphed into the "crap room."  It has to go.  I'm sick of it.  Brandt can't stand it and I'm finally there, too.  I worked a little bit in there today and it feels good.  I only wish I had more time to spend on it.  Little bit here, little bit there is all I can do.  I'll eventually get there.

The boys today spent a good portion of their day outside sledding.  They've created two slides in our front yard, because why would you want to do it in our backyard.  Their slides take them down our whole lawn and they end up in the road.  I yelled at them to create a barricade so they won't slide into the road.  I helped them build one and then it pretty much turned into a jump...into the road.  I don't know.  I figure at least they're playing well together, outside, and haven't died yet.  I think tomorrow the rule is they have to fall off their sled at the sidewalk.  I don't want them run over.

No comments: