Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year! 2015

It is a new year and time for a new approach. I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I NEED to be a more frequent visitor to my little journal here.  I am going to try to find two seconds each night to record something each day.  Maybe a novel, maybe a quote from the littles.  I have made it through Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Eve.  I was lucky enough to host my families annual Christmas Eve party at our house.  We rotate through the children and it was our year.  Made some delicious brisket, cowboy potatoes, veggies, so good hot cocoa, cheesecake, etc.  It was a good night.  Christmas Day was snowy and magical.  My children are at the PERFECT age for the magic.  I am so blessed and so lucky.  Then last night I hosted, yet again, our annual New Years Eve fondue and fireworks party.  Was a great party, good food, fun company, etc.  I wasn't feeling 100% but today I feel a little better after a afternoon nap and a relaxing day with my family.  Last year I caught the flu after the party so I'm grateful that I'm feeling much better today.  I think the hustle and bustle of the holiday season leaves me a little weaker so I need to not try to be superwoman and conquer the world.

This year I am going to work on my balance.  Balance of my family, friends, church, children activities, hubby time, drea time, etc.  I also want to rid the guilt. I'm not going to feel guilty for other peoples expectations of myself.  I'm not going to feel guilty for not being able to do it all.  Between Brandt's and my obligations of our family with 4 small children, two large church callings, a large extended family, and work to provide for our needs we have felt spread too thin.  Hard to find happiness with that and we need to bring it back in and re-group.  What that looks like, not sure, but we will try to figure it out day by day.  It is the first day of a new year and I am going to try my darndest to have 365 days of really great days.  I'm off to a good start.  One great day down, 364 more to go.

On a side note, Brandt has taught Porter a new trick.  Oooohhh-ing.  Look at those lips.  I could just kiss them.


No comments: