Monday, August 26, 2013

{FIVE}

Oh.My.Goodness!!!  My twins are 5!  Five! Cinco! Holy smokes!  I really never thought we'd get to this point.  When I found out I was finally pregnant I was so excited.  And then we found out we were getting 2 babies and we were so excited.  And then when those sweet babies came to me and it was so hard.  So hard to be a momma.  Caring for 2 infants, not knowing what I was doing.  Having my own momma away and not able to just be there.  Up multiple times a night - for long stretches since there was not 1 but 2 babies to nurture and feed and change and pump for.  And then I remember vividly having them lying on the floor of the basement where we spent a lot of time trying to imagine them running around as little toddlers.  And then we got there and trying to imagine them being old enough to play on their own, reason with, laugh with (or at).  And my clear visualization of my babies went to about that point.  We have crossed a boundary.  We are into a new era.

The twins turned 5 and started elementary school the very same day.  My big boys.  As I type this the tears are wet on my cheeks.  I am so very proud.  I am so very happy.  I am so very blessed.  I love those two clowns (monkeys, turds, etc) with all my heart.  They are the best boys.  They are so sweet and so smart and so kind.  I couldn't ask for anything more!

My mom held her annual "grandma party" on Saturday, Aug. 24.  Since we weren't planning on an official party for the boys we mixed their birthday in with the grandma party.

I made the boys a birthday cake on Sunday and we shared it with some sweet neighbors that invited us for dinner.  No pictures.  But it was a white cake with chocolate frosting.  On top were Jake and the Neverland Pirates figurines for Charlie and a couple boats for Dylan (waverunners on a blue trailer were requested but apparently there are no small waverunners). 

Monday was school in the morning (more on that in another post) and that night we ventured out to Chuck e Cheese.  The boys have seen the commercials for Chuck e Cheese and have talked about going there for months.  So we splurged and took the boys for their birthday.  To say they had a good time is an understatement.  They LOVED it.  We walked in and they were in awe.  Noises, flashing lights, a big mouse, way overpriced, disgusting pizza...what's not to love?

Happy Birthday my sweet babies!  I love you so so so very much!! xo

No comments: