Friday, December 23, 2011

Stay away Grinch!

I woke up this morning motivated. I was going to get my house spik 'n span and have my world in control so that when Daddy gets home from work today we could snuggle up, watch a movie, and wait for Christmas Eve to arrive and have a wonderful Christmas. I got up, swept, mopped, cleaned up extra toys in living room, vacuumed, straightened up downstairs, vacuumed, and felt pretty good about things. I sat down and called Brandt to check in and see how he was.

Thats when the blow came. This morning the piece of crap Post Office informed him that he was going to be mandated to work tomorrow. Normally I wouldn't care, but because we were told he would have it off and made plans then to have it ripped out from under us is what makes me so incredibly mad. One of the carriers (who is a real gem to begin with) called in sick for 2 days, Friday and Saturday, so Brandt has to work because she is such a blankety-blank. I understand being sick, but this lady called in sick last Christmas, too, and calls in sick around any holiday. So because of her selfishness my kids's Daddy won't be around for our Christmas parties. So, so, so angry. I've tried to let it fizzle and not let it get to me, but here I sit fighting back the tears. It just makes my heart heavy and rushes away that Christmas Spirit.

This compiled with a few other things going on in our lives is about all I can bear. I don't want to do anything. I don't want to "Christmas-up" my house. I don't want to be nice to my kids. I don't want to move. I'm ready to shut the doors, close the shades, and welcome the hermit life.

Why oh why was the timing so great for this one? Seriously....

No comments: