Monday, July 18, 2011

My dear, dear Oliver,

It was one year ago that I was anxiously awaiting your arrival. You have been a sweet boy since the minute you entered this world. I don't know how I could be so lucky to have such an amazing little boy. You are the apple of my eye and my little buddy. We have a special connection and I absolutly love it. Even though you are obviously a momma's boy, you are happy to see others, to snuggle with another, to share a smile with a stranger. You are so kind. You are so happy. You are so funny. You are so content. I love your chubby cheeks and your babble. I love your hugs (and especially when you'll pat my back during them). You are the funniest crawler. You started out as an army-crawler, but lately you have preferred to walk on your hands and feet with your bum in the air. It is darling and it makes everyone laugh. You love to eat and if the food is not there quick enough you are sure to let out a squeal and let me know I need to pick up the pace. This is especially noticable during church. It's quite embarassing for me, funny to everyone else. Your brothers love you. You and Charlie are going to be the best of friends. He is your watch-keeper. He is my assistant with you. It's been this way since day 1. D loves to bring you toys. I'm sure when you're a little bigger, D will be so excited to have another playmate. Your daddy and I adore you. You are our baby. Thank you for bringing so much joy and happiness to our family. I love you with all my heart. Happy 1st Birthday O!!!

No comments: