Monday, September 27, 2010


(The theme for our trip) A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to go to Yellowstone with my family. We had a great time and lots of fun with lots of exciting stories. Lets start out with the best story of them all. Brandt and I decided to carpool up with Craig and Tree's family and my parents and Brenda would drive up separately. We were getting a head start since Brenda couldn't get off work until noon. I figured we would get up their a little early and look around before the parents and Brenda arrived. Craig and Tree got to our house about 9:30am. We loaded everyone up and on our way we went. Craig & Tree wanted to go through Logan to see my cousin's house that was being built and we figured, why not, it's beautiful up that way this time of year. Everything was just as we expected and once we got to Logan, it was suggested we then go through Bear Lake. Ok, a little out of the way, but ok, we're always up for an adventure. Got to Bear Lake. A little futher along Charlie did a little "hack" of a cough. It startled us so we looked back at him and the next thing we know, he is throwing up. Brandt quickly pulled over and I ran around the truck and he threw up again. All over himself, all over the car seat, poor kid. I pulled him out and he was crying and shaking cause he didn't know what had just happened to him. So there we are on the side of the road in some random po-dunk town cleaning up the puke. It was aweful. I never, ever, thought I would be able to take on such a situation but I think when you become a mommy, you become someone you couldn't imagine before. Anyway, we got him cleaned up and then I had to feed O. Luckily, we pulled over next to an old school house and there was a playground so everyone went over and played for awhile while I took care of business. An hour later we were on our way again. Once we thought we were cruising, we smelled the most awful smell ever. One of the boys had pooped and it was a poop. It was the worst smell and we HAD to stop to take care of it for the sake of our noses and whomever's bum had to suffer. We pulled over again and found out it was poor little Charlie. I started to pull down his pants and oh, my hannah, he had pooped out his diaper down both legs. After that nasty undertaking I decided to just keep him in his diaper since he had already gone through two outfits. Then, back on the road. I didn't realize that the scenic route we had chosen would take so long. We drove, and drove, and drove. I had only packed enough food for lunch and so the last part of our trip I was just feeding the boys snacky foods. Perfect for their upset tummys. My parents, who left 3 hours after us, arrived 2 hours before us. With all the driving we did, we could have been in Disneyland. Note to self: You have children. You cannot "fly by the seat of your pants" anymore. Must get from Point A to Point B in the shortest amount of time possible.
We finally arrived and had dinner and went to bed! What a day it was. The rest of the time we were there we drove, and drove some more. My boys were so good considering we kept them in the car so long. Poor Dylan has never been strapped down and besides a few exercist episodes, he was quite the trooper. After our eventful drive in, Charlie was great, and Oliver was very content (unless his feeding was nearing). Here are some pictures: Old Faithful: We were walking up and it went off...perfect timing.
A few pictures of the whole crew Oliver officially turned 2 months on the trip
Any time the boys went up or down the stairs or in the hallway, they had to roar at the bear on the wall.
Home Sweet Home

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh. Scenic detour? What is that? I admire your bravery though. :)