Saturday, November 8, 2014


In addition to Oliver's "traditional" preschool that he goes to 3 days per week, I have him signed up with the State of Utah's online preschool program as well.  That entails that he is on the computer at least 20 minutes 5 days a week, no exceptions.  I was thinking the other day, he is required to do his "homework" (that's what we call it) and we find the time.  I need to find the time to sit and write a little ditty 5 days a week.  Shouldn't be too hard, right?  I'm always thinking of things that I should record but I never sit down to the computer to do it.  So lame that we can always come up with an excuse.  ALWAYS something to clean up or do so this is just 17th on the list.  That being said, here's a brief update on the Jensen clan.

We had Halloween.  Charlie was Darth Vader.  Dylan was a Storm Trooper.  Oliver was Venom (the black/bad spiderman apparently).  And what was I???  SICK!  I missed Oliver's preschool program.  I missed the Halloween parade.  I did go over to a friends on Halloween night to share our pumpkin stew for a little party before trick or treating, but that's as far as it went.  I wasn't going to go and last minute B convinced me to go so off I went with no make-up, no cute-ish clothes, no shower.  Oi, what was I thinking???  Oh well.  I guess you gotta love me how you get me.

Dylan started the sickness.  He was sick the week before me, missed 3 days of school.  Had a headache, fever, sorethroat, no voice.  Next week, BAM, I got it.  This week Brandt has had the pleasure minus the fever.  Oliver has also been a little snotty but no sore throat or fever or anything, thank goodness.

Daylight Savings has just about killed me.  I have VERY emotional boys this week and I assume it is because they are up at the crack of dawn.  The other day I woke up to hearing a party going on in Porter and Oliver's room.  Before 7.  I have a strict, stay in your room until 8 rule.  Yeah, I was not amused to say the least.  I'm hoping we're nearing the end of the out of control time switcheroo.  In fact, it's 3pm on Saturday and I have the boys (minus P) in their rooms hopefully taking a little snooze.

We finished up Brandt's side job.  It turned out beautiful.  I was so done with it.  It dragged on all summer so we were in upheaval mode for months.  I finally get to park in my garage again and it is glorious.  It has been so fun to have Brandt come home from work and either go to swimming lessons with me and the boys or just sit and watch a show.  Wow, to have a daddy that isn't rushing out to work on something.  What a change!

Soccer season has ended, hallelujah!  It was fun but it is nice not having 2 nights of practice and games all day.  It wasn't near as bad when Charlie and Dylan both played cause they played on the same team.  Oliver joined the mix this year so everything was opposite.  Two practices and the game were rarely at the same time or back-to-back.  I'd have a game at 10 and a game at 1 or something like that.  And they're on Saturday mornings so it was just me runnin the herd.  Exhausting.

But, alas, we don't know how to survive unless we're C.R.A.Z.Y. so I signed the kiddos up for swimming lessons.  I try and cram as much in during the winter months cause i don't like to have them do lessons in the summer (too busy).  So we're in our first session of that, and I'll probably sign them up again before Christmas.  I gotta get the boys swimming well before summer as their little floaties are a little too snug for my growing boys.

I guess that's about it.  I have to (I mean get to) go to the Utah game tonight.  Playing Oregon.  Gonna get killed I think.  Kickoff isn't until 8pm.  Whhhaaaaa??  Yuck.  My couch seems lovely at that time of night when it is like 40 degrees outside.  Oh well.  Date night I suppose.  Gotta take what you can get.  Until next time.....

No comments: