Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Olympiad

So I truly enjoy the winter Olympic games. I think winter sports are so exciting to watch. Many, many years ago I L.O.V.E.D. to go snowboarding and now I take just as much pleasure to watch it on TV. So I'm a big fan of Mr. White. I think he is just amazing on his board and no one can compete with him because he is so freakin good. However, one small issue. Please put your hand over your heart (and keep it there for the entire duration) and stay focused for 1 minute while our National Anthem is played and take it seriously. Are you kidding me? Did you see him goofing off during his award ceremony? Wow, I know you're a boarder and you gotta try to act cool all the time, but really? At the Olympics? Have some pride in America for one minute and show a little respect. That's it, there's my beef. But with that said, heck yeah, bring on the gold!

4 comments:

Mike Ryan said...

I am so with you!

Mike and Meg said...

That was me! Sorry, I was signed under Mike.

Erin said...

SO many of the athletes neglect putting their hands over their hearts and it drives me crazy!
I didn't see Shawn on the stand but my big beef is his hair. It is out of CONTROL!. Long hair? Okay. Big poofy lion mane? Not so much.

Spjut Family said...

With you on that one. Haven't caught any of the games yet. Hopefully, I'll see some before they are over.