Sunday, April 21, 2013

Supermom

Some days I think I have this mom thing down.  Saturday started off as one of those days.  The twins had their first soccer game and they were stoked.  We woke up.  Did our thing.  Had lunch and off we went.  They played great.  Dylan made 3 out of the 4 goals his team scored.  And Charlie actually played!  He didn't do everything in his power to avoid being by the ball.  I was so proud. 

I told them if they were good I'd do a surprise after.  The Utes had the Red/White game and I wanted to take them.  I wanted to take them with someone else so I wouldn't be on my own but everyone was busy.  So I thought, "I can do this."  So we went.  We got there at the end of the half so they got to see a little football and then as soon as it ended the rains came down!  By the time we got to the car we were drenched.  But the boys loved it and I was glad that they were able to be in the stadium and see it.  They know that mommy & daddy go there to watch the Utes and now they get it a little more.  It'll be a few more years before we take them to the games so it was nice they were able to get a taste of it.  They hiked up the bleachers to row 46, seats 9 & 10, our beloved seats.

Then we got home and it all fell apart and my supermom moment was gone.  No naps, playing hard...can only have the good last so long.  We were bound to have a few melt-downs.  And we did.

No comments: