Monday, December 3, 2012

Disneyland

The week after Thanksgiving Mimi & Papa treated the entire family with a trip to Disneyland.  It started off crazy as there was no way for Brandt to get off work on Saturday and I had a craft fair in Beaver that I was to be at.  So Friday night I took the kids to my mom's house and the next morning I woke up bright and early and drove down to Beaver.  Finished that up and drove back home that night.  Finished up packing everything and went to bed.  We woke up the next morning and headed out for Disney.  We drove to Primm and spent the night.  Then on Monday morning we finished the drive to the Peacock Suites in Anaheim.  We decided to head to the beach for the afternoon and went to Newport Beach which is one of my very most favorite places in the world.  We all enjoyed a hotdog on a stick on the beach and ran through the water.  It was beautiful with the sun setting, perfect temperatures, few people.  The boys LOVED the beach.
That night Oliver puked a few times.  We still got up and went to the park.  The kids thought it was great.  They went on rides and played with their cousins and thought it was awesome.  Oliver pooped out his diaper and into his clothes.  I was hoping it was just him getting rid of whatever bug he had caught.  We grabbed a pizza on our walk home that night and when we got back to the room the boys were so tired that they really didn't want to eat.  We went to bed and I think Oliver threw up one more time that night. 
We lazily got up the next morning and packed up again and headed over to the park.  We went straight to Cars Land as that was the big thing we wanted to do.  We went on a bunch of rides again and meadered through the park.  We met up with everyone a little while later and I noticed O smelled again and he had blown out one more time!  We left and went to find restrooms and I took him in to clean him up and put him in the jammies I had brought just in case.  As I came back out, Dylan was by the stroller and Charlie and Dad were missing.  Dylan told me that Charlie had choked (their word for throw up).  So we waited and they came out and Brandt said Charlie had puked all over.  We had him sit in the stroller and Dylan wanted to go on more rides.  So I took him on a few rides cause Brandt said he didn't feel too hot either.  We went on those few rides and during that time Charlie had thrown up about 3 more times.  Finally I said we should go cause he wasn't doing well, I didn't know if Brandt was getting it, too, and I was either getting sick or my mind was making me think I was.  So we got on the shuttle and I gave Charlie the towel I had brought (just in case) and told him if he had to choke to do it in the towel.  Sure enough, choked on the way back.  We got back to the hotel and all hell broke loose.  EVERYONE got it.  Puke, diarrhea, miserable, awful, couldn't write this type of misery if I tried, disaster. 
Next day was Thursday and we were all too sick to go to the park.  Stayed in bed, or on the toilet, or on the floor all day.  I changed multiple sheets throughout the day.  Ran to the store for medicine for us.  Not good.  Had we felt able to drive we probably would have left that day but we were too fearful of throw up all over the car!  So the next morning  about 6 am we were up.  I feel ok to drive so I packed us all up and by about 8 when we were leaving Brandt was functioning enough and we hit the road. 
And drove the whole way back with nothing but stopping for gas.  I told Brandt that the best news about the whole trip was that we saved a bunch of money by not buying food.  Maybe next trip to Disney will be a little bit better.  Has to be.  Can't be much worse that's for sure.

No comments: