Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Did I miss something?

It's November. I think I've missed October. And September. Crazy that it is already time to begin to think winter. It's nice that the snow waited until this morning instead of raining on trick-or-treat night like usual. I feel like I've been in such a rut lately and all I've been blogging about is how it's just been rough being a mom. But alas, it is not always doom and gloom. I have really, really, really have been enjoying my boys as of late. They are so funny and so kind and so obedient. Yes, we have our moments (quite a lot of them) but overall they are really great little boys. They've been so excited with all the Halloween hubbabaloo and it's made my heart smile. For a moment last night while we were out wandering our neighborhood I felt a little guilty for not being home to pass out candy, but then realized that being out with the boys running up to our neighbors houses screaming 'Trick-or-Treat' was where I wanted to be. While they're so young and innocent and learning the ropes of Halloween it's fun to be there and a part of it. It, like everything else, will be a fleeting moment that I want to be a part of, relish in, and enjoy. Needless to say, it was a hit, we've eaten WAY too much candy, and I'm ready to think about Thanksgiving. Not quite ready for the colder weather, but on the bright side, one day it will be spring again so I can hang in there. How grateful I am to be where I am in my life. How grateful I am for our daily struggles. How grateful I am for the happy moments my little boys bring to me. How grateful I am for the upcoming season. I hope to remember that gratitude feeling throughout the rest of the year.

No comments: